Autoloss does not offer legal or tax advice. This website should be used for educational purposes only. No information on this site should be considered legal or tax advice. Laws vary by state, so you are urged to research the specific laws, and your rights, within your state. If you have specific questions regarding your rights, or the laws in your state, please contact an attorney or professional tax advisor.
The information and/or material contained in this web site are provided as is without warranty expressed or implied. Autoloss will not be liable for any damages arising from using the information on this website, including direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
Autoloss does not employ attorneys and we do not provide legal advice. Autoloss is not a law firm and under no circumstances should any information contained in this website be considered legal advice.
Autoloss is not licensed in every state. Please call us to confirm that we can help you in your individual state.
Autoloss operates from Portland, Oregon. Users of this site agree that the laws of Multnomah County, Oregon, will govern all transactions, and Multnomah County, Oregon is the only location in which any action may be brought.
Autoloss does not handle total-loss claims in Alabama, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Rhode Island, and Wyoming.
Autoloss reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
Autoloss has made every effort that the information on this website is as accurate as possible; however, we assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in this site or our reports. If you require legal services please contact a local attorney in your area. All rights reserved.
If the customer wishes to cancel an in-progress appraisal, they may do so at any time prior to receiving our appraisal.
There is a $75 fee for cancellation. Any and all requested refunds will be issued only after we receive payment of this cancellation fee.
The fees for any report is not contingent upon any value reflected in the report. We reserve the right to amend the claim if there is a accidental error or omission. There is no guarantee either written or implied of a specific settlement.
Requirements for a refund:
- The client must have made all needed documents available to Autoloss.
- Evidence of filing with the Dept of Insurance and thier written response.
- We can not offer a refund if you decide to sue the insurer or hire an attorney
We can not guarantee that the insurer will pay the entire claim amount. No guarantee for a full and final settlement has been made either verbal or in writing regarding a full settlement.
If after submitting the appraisal and a demand letter — following our instructions, and pursuing reasonable collection attempts — you are offered a settlement that is less than the cost of our Appraisal fees, we will refund to you the full appraisal fee. Typically, the refund checks take 30-90 days to process.
Situations where we will not refund your money if you do not receive at least the cost of the appraisal:
- You do not invoke your appraisal rights on a Total Loss (i.e. the appraisal clause)
- You have not followed reasonable pursuit of the claim; this includes filing a lawsuit for diminished value and arriving at a verdict.
- Your vehicle has previous undisclosed damage. In this case, all guarantees are null.
- We cannot offer a refund if the carrier reimbursed you for the appraisal cost.
All unapproved chargebacks will be treated as insurance fraud and referred to the proper authorities.
To qualify for the money back guarantee
To qualify for the money-back guarantee the following terms and conditions apply to your vehicle:
- Six years old or newer and has less than 110,000 miles
- The vehicle has no prior accident history regardless of whether the accident history was published in a vehicle history report or whether you knew about the loss.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to our money-back guarantee:
- The final settlement of your diminished value claim must be less than what you paid for your report.
- You weren’t the at-fault party in the accident.
- The guarantee applies only to 3rd party claims where you submit a claim through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. It does not apply to a 1st party claim where you attempt to make a diminished value claim against your own insurance company.
- The guarantee does not apply to situations where the policy limit was insufficient or already exhausted.
- Leased vehicles are not eligible for a money back guarantee.
- You provide proof that you followed all of our negotiation instructions and recommendations.
- If we recommend that you file a lawsuit to recover your diminished value and you fail to do so, the money back guarantee does not apply. We do not cover legal expenses.
- You cannot make a claim under our money back guarantee if the insurance company reimbursed you for the cost of your appraisal report.
- If you signed a release of liability with the insurance company prior to submitting our appraisal report, you do not qualify for the money back guarantee.
- You have completed an insurance commissioner complaint and have forwarded us the results.
All settlements must be verified before any refunds are issued. This may include providing copies of any insurance company settlement checks, correspondence, denial letters etc as well as proof of lawsuit filing and verdict.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to make a claim under our money back guarantee, contact us at email@example.com for further help.
Payment for Appraisal:
Payment for product must be paid for in advance of delivery of the product or service ordered. We accept payment by all credit cards as well as money orders and personal checks made payable and mailed to:
10117 SE Sunnyside Rd.
Clackamas OR 97015